Whether looking for dress shoes for bunions, wide fitting shoes for bunions or simply to find the best shoes for bunions, you have come to right the place.
One of the most common reasons our clients order custom made shoes is for bunions.
Symptoms may include:
- An enlarged and sometimes painful, inflamed ball joint on the outside edge of your foot
- Pain and swelling over your big toe joint that is often made worse by pressure from wearing shoes
- Vulnerable toes with hard, callused and sometimes red skin caused by your big toe and second toe overlapping
- Sore skin over the top of the bunion
- The big toe having limited movement and the lesser toes often curled
- Often, the rear part of your foot is narrower and in need of extra support
Ladies shoes for bunions – off-the-shelf versus handmade shoes
People with bunions can wear off-the-shelf shoes for a while but as the bunions worsen with age the shoes can become increasingly more uncomfortable. There is a range of wide fitting shoes on the market. However, common problems with these shoes are;
They may give room over the ball of the foot but get narrower over the toes.
The back part of the shoe is also wide and the foot slops around in it.
What are bunions?
Bunions are one of the most common foot deformities, these happen when there is a displacement of the bone under the 1st toe occurs. This causes the big toe to move towards the smaller toes. This shifting of the bones causes a bony prominence on the side of the patients foot (the bunion joint). Over a period of time the big toe may come to rest under (occasionally over) the 2nd toe.
Should you need ladies shoes for bunions, do get in touch and one of our friendly specialists will happily discuss the many options of orthopaedic shoes for women we have available.